Within the UK, mineable coal resources are estimated in ranges from only 200 million tonnes to 2000 million tonnes coupled with spiralling recovery costs. The British Geological Survey found that the coal resource potentially suitable for UCG was an extra 17 billion tonnes or 300 years at current consumption.
- UCG holds significant potential for the UK through substantial economic advantages, is environmentally friendly and provides a secure energy supply for decades to come.
- BCG Energy is at the forefront in the development and application of clean coal technology to exploit our natural resources to provide a secure energy supply.
- BCG Energy holds the UK's first licence awarded for UCG development.
- We are actively investing in the development of pioneering technologies to overcome some of the industry's challenges. We have several patents in progress that will allow global technology transfer.
- Our robust processes, target sites meeting stringent criteria for environmental issues, geological characteristics, availability of development land, customer proximity and the potential to produce syngas at rates equivalent to 20,000 bpd of oil for up to 30 years.
- BCG Energy's strategy aligns closely with international political agendas for energy development and funding targets.
- UCG Energy generation is lower cost and affected less by price volatility.
- UCG development has been actively encouraged by Scottish and Fife Regional government representatives.
BCG Energy's strategy is the continued expansion of our portfolio, the development and application of pioneering technologies allowing us to prove the potential of our assets and then seek development partners to take our projects to full-scale commercial production.
Developed now, the extensive coal reserves around the world can safeguard our energy future into the next century and beyond.